Sunday, August 29, 2010

Career?

Lately I have been going back and forth on what I want to do for a career. I never really put much thought into what the future would hold as a teenagerkinda been a "go with the flow" person. In high school they'd try and get you to think about what you would want to do when you "grow up", well I was too busy with not caring or taking them serious. Here I am 27 without a good work history. I've worked mostly in bakeries and I enjoyed it, I wanted to get into decorating cakes. That never really worked out. Then I've thought about being a social worker or helping teenagers, as bad as it sounds I don't want to go to school for the next ten years! And I don't know if I could handle seeing some of the conditions that kids are in. I wanted to join the military...but leaving my family would be devastating for me. I wouldn't mind being a Police Officer but...when I think of the pros and cons the cons win...being shot at, or losing control of a situation...terrifying. My last interest is being a make-up artist I can barely do my own now...lol...I want to learn though but is there a demand for it? Would I even make any money doing it without moving to the east or west coast? Ugh...Poor Beau has to listen to my ever changing mind. I just haven't found that one thing that says YES!!! THAT'S IT!!! I'm going to have to go back to work and I am not looking forward to going to a minimum wage, crap job.

3 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat. I have not worked since I was married 10 years ago (minus occasional in home daycare for people) My youngest is in fulltime school now and I dont know what I want to be when I grow up. I use to want to be a labor and delivery nurse, but since Savannah's death, I dont know if I could handle it. Now Im kinda thinking it would be enjoyable to facilitate adoptions, but who knows.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here!! I am always changing my mind.. Nail School, Hair School, Esthetician, massage therapy... I can never make up my mind!! I would love to be in the beauty industry.. I think Hair and nails would be the best!! Who knows maybe ill get my GED and go to school.. Or maybe not. Im content being a coal miners wife... For now.. ;) Lets take a Cake Decorating class together!! that would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'd be a great social worker....just sayin'. I know you wanted to law enforcement, but you have too big of a heart. If you're looking for something temporary, maybe JetBlue or Skywest? I'll let you know when I get closer to opening my mortuary and you can do the makeup on the deceased. Good luck on finding your dreams!

    ReplyDelete